Microsoft ended extended support for Windows Server 2003 on July 14, 2015. If you are running Windows Server 2003, this may put your applications and business at risk, since there may be no security or software updates.
There are still millions of machines running Windows Server 2003 that are now left with no general Microsoft support and which may not receive further security updates. Additionally, many compliance requirements include being on a currently supported operating system.
You can leverage the flexibility and reliability of the AWS cloud by migrating your applications to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances running a newer version of Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2). Preconfigured Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) with different combinations of Windows and SQL Server are available. Amazon EC2 running Windows Server enables you to run any compatible solution on our cost-effective, high-performance, reliable cloud computing platform. Please see the FAQ for more details about Windows Server 2003.
AWS provides you with options, whether you are moving to a modern Microsoft Windows Server operating system, maintaining 32-bit applications in the AWS cloud, or rewriting legacy applications.
The AWS Marketplace connects you with an ecosystem of independent software vendors offering solutions to help you with the migration of your Windows 2003 Server applications.
With Windows Server 2003 end of support, you face increasing security and compliance risks. Microsoft recommends AppZero for moving a variety of applications from Windows Server 2003 onto a newer operating system. AppZero is a hosted application migration tool that lets you easily move your applications onto AWS.
» AppZero in AWS Marketplace
» AppZero in APN Directory
If you are considering moving your infrastructure to the cloud, Cloud Estimator can help you measure your existing workloads, project the optimal cloud capacity to support performance goals and estimate your total cost of ownership. Cloud Estimater can also support your migration process by providing you the right settings for your new environment.
» Cloudamize in AWS Marketplace
» Cloudamize in APN Directory
Live Migrations of Windows 2003 servers to AWS, using continuous replication of your entire Windows 2003 server workloads. With near zero downtime and no data loss, CloudEndure will get your server migration started in five minutes with no reboot required. You will be able to continue using your servers and applications as-is on AWS, without any application configuration, OS conversion or other manual intervention requirements.
» CloudEndure in AWS Marketplace
» CloudEndure in APN Directory
You can register for no-charge access to Racemi’s DynaCenter automatic migration software at www.racemi.com/free. If qualified, you may migrate your Windows 2003 servers to AWS for no charge. Optionally, you can engage Racemi’s professional services or our certified system integrators to assist with your Server 2003 to 2008 migrations and upgrades.
» Racemi in AWS Marketplace
» Racemi in APN Directory
The AWS Partner Network connects you with consulting partners that can provide guidance on how to plan, prioritize, and implement your migration. Below are some partners selected for their expertise in Windows migration scenarios.
You need a plan. Whether you need to migrate an on-premises application to the cloud or build a solution from the ground up, Nimbo is equipped to get you there.
» Nimbo in APN Directory
With one of the largest teams of solution architects trained on the AWS platform, Smartronix delivers secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions.
» Smartronix in APN Directory
Slalom Consulting helps organizations plan and implement cloud-based solutions that leverage infrastructure, platform and software as a service offerings.
» Slalom in APN Directory
Sysgain’s team of dedicated, diverse and talented professionals provide advanced technology solutions using cloud and on-premises architecture.
» Sysgain in APN Directory
Bluemetal is a technology architecture firm matching the most experienced consultants to your most challenging technical problems.
» Bluemetal in APN Directory
Neudesic is the trusted technology partner in business innovation, with a proven track record of delivering effective business technology solutions 10368
» Neudesic in APN Directory
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – Wikipedia
| || |
announcements and notices
announcements and notices
Applications which have earned the Windows Server logo are compatible running on its Datacenter, Standard, and Essentials editions. In certain instances, some certified applications are not compatible with Windows Server Essentials edition.
Merchandise pictures and descriptions are provided by the manufacturers of the merchandise. Microsoft makes no representations or warranties regarding the merchandise, manufacturers or compatibility of the merchandise depicted or described. Check system requirements before you purchase any merchandise or download any software described on this site. Use of all software is governed by the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the software media monkey go 4 0 7
I'm having issues searching / finding
I see an error in the content
I'm having problems with my account
The site is missing a product or feature
Настройка локального профиля пользователя по умолчанию при .
Microsoft has already announced that windows server 2003 / windows server 2003 R2 versions support is coming to end in 14th July 2015 (http://support2.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspxsort=PNalpha=Microsoft Windows Server 2003Filter=FilterNO ).
It’s no wonder that still organizations using windows server 2003 / windows server 2003 R2 in their infrastructure with different server roles. In last few post I have covered up how we can migrate different server roles from windows server 2003 to latest windows server 2012. This article also a part of the same series and it will explain how we can migrate DHCP server role.
For the demonstration I am using following setup
Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x86
Network A – 10.10.10.0
Network B – 172.16.25.0
Network C – 192.168.148.0
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
dhcp-2k3.canitpro.local server currently setup with 3 additional NIC to represent network A,B and C. they have configured with static ip addresses to match with relevant network it belongs to. The DHCP server host different DHCP scopes for each network.
Backup DHCP configuration in windows server 2003 R2
1) Log in to the windows server 2003 as member of administrator group
2) Load the DHCP server console Start > Administrative Tools > DHCP
3) In here we can see the configured DHCP scopes
4) Now it’s time to back up the config. To do that open the command prompt using start > run > type cmd and then enter
5) Then type netsh dhcp server export C:\DHCPbk\dhcpbk.txt all and press enter. In here C:\DHCPbk\dhcpbk.txt is the file path which backup will save in to. It can change according to your requirement.
6) Now please move file C:\DHCPbk\dhcpbk.txt in to CANITPRO-DC2K12.canitpro.local server which will be configured as new DHCP server ( windows server 2012 R2)
Remove DHCP roles from windows server 2003 R2
Since we no longer need DHCP role running on this server we can go ahead and uninstall the DHCP service.
1) Log in to the windows server 2003 as member of administrator group
2) Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
3) Then click on “Add/Remove Windows Components”
4) In next window select “Networking Services” and click on details
5) From next window de-select the DHCP option and click ok
6) Then click next to uninstall the DHCP service
It will uninstall the DHCP role from the windows 2003 server.
Install DHCP Role in windows 2012 R2 server
1) Log in to the windows server 2012 as member of administrator group
2) Open Server Manager > Add Roles and Features
3) It will open the wizard and click next to continue 4) For the installation type select “Role-based or feature-based installation” and click next 5) Let the default selection run on server selection and click next to continue
6) For the server roles select DHCP and it will prompt to add relevant features. Click on “Add features” to add them and next to continue
7) For the features let it run with default. Click next to continue
8) Then it will give brief description about DHCP server role and click next to continue
9) Next window it will give the confirmation and click on install to continue
This will install the DHCP server role in the new server.
Restore DHCP configuration
1) Log in to the windows server 2012 as member of administrator group 2) Open Command prompt with Run > cmd
3) Type netsh dhcp server import C:\DHCPbk\dhcpbk.txt all and press enter. In here C:\DHCPbk\dhcpbk.txt is the backup file we copied from windows 2003 server.
4) Go to Server manager > tools > DHCP
5) Right click on the server name > All Task > Restart
6) Once Restart done we can see all the scopes are visible which was in 2003 server.
7) We still need to authorize the dhcp server, to do it again right click on server name and select authorize
Now we completed with the restore process and I already can see its issues IP addresses.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 – Wikipedia
Microsoft has already announced that windows server 2003 / windows server 2003 R2 versions support is coming to end in 14th July 2015 (http://support2.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspxsort=PNalpha=Microsoft Windows Server 2003Filter=FilterNO). It’s no wonder that some organizations still uses windows server 2003 versions in production environment.
If you still not plan for migration from legacy windows server versions, well time has come!!
This guide will explain how we can migrate AD CS from windows server 2003 to windows server 2012 R2.
In this demonstration I am using following setup.
Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x86
AD CS ( Enterprise Certificate Authority )
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
Backup windows server 2003 certificate authority database and its configuration
• Log in to Windows 2003 Server as member of local administrator group
• Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Certificate Authority
• Right Click on Server Node > All Tasks > Backup CA
• Then it will open the “Certification Authority Backup Wizard” and click “Next” to continue
• In next window click on check boxes to select options as highlighted and click on “Brows” to provide the backup file path location where it will save the backup file. Then click on “Next” to continue
• Then it will ask to provide a password to protect private key and CA certificate file. Once provided the password click on next to continue
• In next window it will provide the confirmation and click on “Finish” to complete the process
Backup CA Registry Settings
• Click Start > Run and then type regedit and click “Ok”
• Then expand the key in following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc
• Right click on “Configuration” key and click on “Export”
• In next window select the path you need to save the backup file and provide a name for it. Then click on save to complete the backup
Now we have the backup of the CA and move these files to the new windows 2012 R2 server.
Uninstall CA Service from windows server 2003
Now we have the backup files ready and before configure certificate services in new windows server 2012 r2, we can uninstall the CA services from windows 2003 server. To do that need to follow following steps.
• Click on Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
• Then click on “Add/Remove Windows Components” button
• In next window remove the tick in “Certificate Services” and click on next to continue
• Once its completed the process it will give the confirmation and click on “Finish”
With it we done with windows server 2003 CA services and next step to get the windows server 2012 CA services install and configure.
Install windows server 2012 R2 Certificate Services
• Log in to windows server 2012 as Domain Administrator or member of local administrator group
• Go to Server Manager > Add roles and features
• It will open up “Add roles and feature” wizard and click on next to continue
• Then next window select “Role-based or Feature-based installation” and click next to continue
• From the server selections keep the default selection and click on next to continue
• In next window click on tick box to select “Active Directory Certificate Services” and it will pop up with window to acknowledge about required features need to be added. Click on add features to add them
• Then in features section will let it run with default. Click next to continue
• In next window, it will give brief description about AD CS. Click next to continue
• Then it will give option to select roles services. I have selected Certificate Authority and Certification Authority Web Enrollment. Click next to continue
• Since Certification Authority Web Enrollment selected it will required IIS. So next window it will give brief description about IIS
• Then in next window it gives option to add IIS role services. I will leave it default and click next to continue
• Next window will give confirmation about service install and click on “Install” to start the installation process
• Once installation completes you can close the wizard.
Configure AD CS
In this step will look in to configuration and restoring the backup we created.
• Log in to server as Enterprise Administrator
• Go to Server Manager > AD CS
• In right hand panel it will show message as following screenshot and click on “More”
• It will open up window and click on “Configure Active Directory Certificate Service ……”
• It will open role configuration wizard, it gives option to change the credential, in here I already log in as Enterprise administrator so I will leave the default and click next to continue
• In next window it asking which service you like to configure. Select “Certification Authority”, “Certification Authority Web Enrollment” options and click next to continue
• It will be Enterprise CA so in next window select the Enterprise CA as the setup type and click next to continue
• Next window select “Root CA” as the CA type and click next to continue
• The next option is very important on the configuration. If its new installation we will only need to create new private key. But since it’s a migration process we already made a backup of private key. So in here select the options as highlighted in screenshot. Then click on next to continue
• In next window click on “Import” button
• In here it will give option to select the key we backup during the backup process from windows 2003 server. Brows and select the key from the backup we made and provide the password we used for protection. Then click ok
• Then it will import the key successfully and in window select the imported certificate and click next to continue
• Next window we can define certificate database path. In here I will leave it default and click next to continue
• Then in next window it will provide the configuration confirmation and click on configure to proceed with the process
• Once its completed click on close to exit from the configuration wizard
Restore CA Backup
Now it’s comes to the most important part of the process which is to restore the CA backup we made from windows server 2003.
• Go To Server Manager > Tools > Certification Authority
• Then right click on server node > All Tasks > Restore CA
• Then it will ask if it’s okay to stop the certificate service in order to proceed. Click ok
• It will open up Certification Authority Restore Wizard, click next to continue
• In next window brows the folder where we stored backup and select it. Then also select the options as I did in below. Later click next to continue
• Next window give option to enter the password we used to protect private key during the backup process. Once its enter click next to continue
• In next window click “Finish” to complete the import process
• Once its completed system will ask if it’s okay to start the certificate service again. Please proceed with it to bring service back online
Restore Registry info
During the CA backup process we also backup registry key. It’s time to restore it. To do it open the folder which contains the backup reg key. Then double click on the key.
Then click yes to proceed with registry key restore.
Once completed it will give confirmation about the restore.
Reissue Certificate Templates
We have done with the migration process and now it’s time to reissue the certificates. I had template setup in windows 2003 environment called “PC Certificate” which will issue the certificates to the domain computers. Let’s see how I can reissue them.
• Open the Certification Authority Snap-in
• Right click on Certificate Templates Folder > New > Certificate Template to Reissue
• From the certificate templates list click on the appropriate certificate template and click ok
Test the CA
In here I already had certificate template setup for the PC and set it to auto enroll. For the testing purposes I have setup windows 8 pc called demo1 and added it to canitpro.local domain. Once it’s loaded first time in server I open certification authority snap in and once I expanded the “Issued Certificate” section I can clearly see the new certificate it issued for the PC.
So this confirms the migration is successful Windows 8 USB Installer Maker
Windows 7 Server (Windows Server 2008 R2) - softpedia.com
To be able to configure Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controller within Windows 2003 network we need to check if Domain Functional Level is set up at least in Windows 2000 native mode. But preferable Domain Functional Level is Windows Server 2003. When it’s set up in Windows Server 2003 mode, and you have only one domain in a forest or each domains have only Windows 2003 Domain Controllers, you are also able to raise Forest Functional Level to Windows Server 2003 to use Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC) within your network.
We can check this in domain, where we want to install first 2008 R2 DC. To verify that, we need to use “Active Directory Users and Computers” or “Active Directory Domains and Trusts” console.
Using “Active Directory Users and Computers” console, select your domain and click right mouse button (RMB) on it. Choose “Raise Domain Functional Level” and check that.
If you see screen like this (mixed mode), it means that you need to raise your Domain Functional Level.
But remember, raising Domain Functional Level is one time action and cannot be reverted. Before you raise it to 2000 native mode, please ensure that all of your Domain Controllers are running at least on Windows 2000 Server.
Windows 2000 native mode do not support DCs based on earlier Microsoft Windows systems like NT4.
If your environment doesn’t have any NT4, 2000 Domain Controllers, you can raise Domain Functional Level to Windows Server 2003 mode.
Now, when you checked that you do not have any pre-2000 OS, select appropriate level and click on “Raise” button
and accept the change. You will be warned that revert changes won’t be possible!
information about successful change will be displayed
After successful change, you should see changed domain operation mode.
Another way for that is using Active Directory Domains and Trusts console. Run this console, select domain for which you want to check Domain Functional Level and choose “Raise Domain Functional Level”
Follow the same steps as in previous console.
In this place, you can also raise your Forest Functional Level if all of your Domain Controllers in entire forest are running on Windows Server 2003. If not, please skip below steps and go to Single Master Operation Roles section.
To raise Forest Functional Level, select “Active Directory Domains and Trusts” node, click on it RMB and choose “Raise Forest Functional Level”. On the list accept “Windows Server 2003” mode by clicking on “Raise” button.
You will be notified that it is also not reversible action. Confirm that you know what you are doing and then verify if your Forest Functional Level is set up to Windows Server 2003
Now, it’s time to determine which Domain Controller(s) hold(s) Single Master Operation Roles. The most important for preparing environment for 2008 R2 DC are
- Schema Master
- Infrastructure Master
On that/those DC(s) we have to run Active Directory preparation tool.
To determine which DC(s) hold(s) these roles we need to use:
- Active Directory Users and Computers and Active Directory Schema consoles
- netdom command from Support Tools (Support Tools have to be installed from Windows 2000 Server CD from Support folder)
Determining which DC holds Schema Master we need to run on one of the DCs or workstation with Administrative Tools installed in command-line
to register Schema snap-in within OS.
Now, open MMC console from run box
Within that console add Active Directory Schema snap-in
Click RMB on “Active Directory Schema” node and choose “Operation Master”
Write down or remember which DC holds it.
Close MMC without saving changes.
Now we need to identify Infrastructure Master within your network. To do that, open Active Directory Users and Computers console, select your domain and click RMB on it. From pop up menu, choose “Operation Masters”. Select “Infrastructure” tab
In my case, both Operation Masters are located on the same DC.
To verify necessary Operation Masters much faster, we can use netdom command installed from Support Tools. Open command-line and go to default installation directory:
C:Program FilesSupport Tools
then type: netdom query fsmo
and identify DC(s) from an output
We collected almost all necessary information to start AD preparation for the first Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controller. The last and the most important part before we start preparation, is checking Forest/Domain condition by running:
- Dcdiag (from Support Tools)
- Repadmin (also from Support Tools)
Run in command-line on a DC where you have installed Support Tools
and check if there are no errors. If so, please correct them.
An example part of output from dcdiag tool
now run in command-line:
repadmin /showrepl /all /verbose
to check if your DCs are replicating data without errors.
After those checks, you can start with Active Directory preparation.
Active Directory preparation
Before we start preparing AD for new Windows Server 2008 R2 DC, we need to be sure that we are members of:
- Enterprise Admins group or
- Schema Admins group
and we have DVD with Windows Server 2008 R2
Let’s start preparing Active Directory for the first Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controller.
Log on to Schema Master owner (we identified it in previous steps) on a user from one of mentioned above groups and put into DVD-ROM installation media. Run command-line and go to
You will find there two AD preparation tools:
- adprep (64-bit application for 64-bit platforms)
- adprep32 (32-bit application for 32-bit platforms)
We need to use adprep32 on Schema Master (because it is 32-bit OS) In case that you have 64-bit Windows Server 2003 then use adprep. So, type in command-line
as you can see, adprep informs you that all of your Windows 2000 Domain Controllers require at least SP4 to start extending schema.
if you followed previous steps of this article, all of your DCs have SP4 installed or you have no 2000 DCs at all. You can continue by pressing C letter on a keyboard and wait until AD preparation tool will finish its actions.
Your schema in a forest is extended.
You may also wish to run adprep32 /rodcprep if you have Windows Server 2003 at Forest Functional Level. If not, you would be able to do that any time in the future.
If everything would go fine, you will see no errors.
The last step before we can introduce 2008 R2 as DC is to prepare domain for it.
Log on to Infrastructure Master owner as Domain Administrator and put DVD installation media into DVD-ROM. Open command-line and as previously go to supportadprep directory.
Type then adprep32 /domainprep /gpprep
and wait until adprep will finish its actions
Congratulations! Your domain is now ready for the first Windows 2008 R2 Domain Controller.
You can check that by using ADSIEdit console or free ADFind command-line tool which can be downloaded from the Internet.
Open run box and type adsiedit.msc to open ADSI Editor
Expand “Schema” node and select “Schema” container. Click on it RMB and choose “Properties”. You will see schema “Attribute Editor” tab. Check “Show only attributes that have values” and search for “objectVersion” attribute.
Value 47 tells you that your Schema version is Windows Server 2008 R2
Using adfind tool, run in command-line this syntax
adfind –sc schver
Adding first Windows 2008 R2 Domain Controller
Install your new box with Windows Server 2008 R2 and configure its IP address correspondingly to your network settings.
Remember that it’s very important to properly configure Network Card settings to be able to promote your new box as domain controller!
The most important part of configuring NIC is setting up DNS server(s). Point your new box to one of the existing Domain Controllers where you have installed and configured DNS.
Log on as local administrator and in command-line type: dcpromo
Domain Controller promotion will start automatically. If you haven’t installed Active Directory: Directory Services role before, it will be done by wizard at this moment.
When role is installed, you will see DC promotion wizard. I would suggest using advanced mode during promotion process. So, please check “Use advanced mode installation” and let’s start.
We are adding new DC within existing forest to the existing domain, so choose appropriate option and click “Next”
Type DNS Domain name to which you want to add new domain controller and specify Domain Administrator credentials for that process
Choose domain from a list
If you didn’t use previously /rodcprep switch with adprep, you will be notified that you won’t be able to add Read-Only Domain Controllers. To install RODC within network it’s required to have at least Windows 2003 Forest Functional Level and you can advertise this option later (before first RODC installation). Skip this warning and press “yes” to continue.
Select appropriate site for this Domain Controller and continue.
Install on your new DC:
They’re suggested by default. Continue and start AD data replication process from the existing DC within network.
Now, you can select from which Domain Controller data should be replicated or leave choice for the wizard (use the second option)
Leave default folders for Directory Services data (or change path if you need)
Set up Directory Services Restoration Mode password in case that you would need to use this mode. Password should be different that domain administrator’s account and should be also changed periodically.
Now you will see summary screen, click “Next” and Domain Controller promotion wizard will start preparing new DC for you.
To have fully operational DC, you need to reboot it after promotion. So, let’s check “Reboot on completion” checkbox and wait until it will be up and ready.
Your new Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controller is not available in your network!
Give DC some time to replicate Directory Services data and you can enjoy with new DC.
Now, you need to do small changes within your environment configuration.
On each server/workstation NIC properties configure alternative DNS server IP address pointing to the new Domain Controller.
Open DHCP management console and under server/scope options (it depends on your DHCP configuration) modify option no. 006
Add there IP address of your new Domain Controller as DNS server PC Faster
Author: Krzysztof Pytko
- K-Lite Codec Pack 690 Full!<>() .,Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for., / A specially designed uninstaller .
PowerSUITE - Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools . PowersuiteTI’s powersuite software download help users get up and running faster, reducing time to market. Software description and features provided along with .,Official website for Uniblue, delivering innovative system utilities to improve your computer's performance. RegistryBooster, SpeedUpMyPC and DriverScanner are the .,Feel that your computer is sluggish or unstable With Spotmau PowerSuite, you can speed it up by 200% in 5 mins, and be free of slowdowns and crashes.
Download DirectX End-User Runtimes June 2010 from . Directx jun2010 latestThe DirectX redist installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components.,FREE PES 2017 PC download is online. Get full version of PES 2017 free download for PC. Follow instructions to install Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 free download.,Directx 9 free download software setup in single direct link. It's needed to run some games or apps which require Direct X support. Download Directx free.